This timeless, compelling, and thought-provoking book on the Christian faith, now updated, includes two all-new chapters, a current list of recommended resources for further study, and a new discussion guide.
In The Case for Faith, bestselling author, journalist, and former atheist Lee Strobel turns his investigative skills to the most persistent emotional objections to belief in God--the eight heart barriers to faith:
- Since evil and suffering exist, a loving God cannot
- Since miracles contradict science, they cannot be true
- Evolution explains life, so God isn't needed
- God isn't worthy of worship if he kills innocent children
- It's offensive to claim Jesus is the only way to God
- A loving God would never torture people in hell
- Church history is littered with oppression and violence
- I still have doubts, so I can't be a Christian
This bestselling book is for those who may be feeling attracted to Jesus but who are faced with difficult questions standing squarely in their path. For Christians, it will deepen their convictions and give them fresh confidence in defending their faith to skeptical friends, or during the hardest of times, when they have to defend their faith to themselves in moments of doubt.
Also available: The Case for Faith Spanish edition, kids' edition, and student edition. Plus, be sure to check out Lee Strobel's entire collection of Case for... books:
- The Case for Christ investigates the historical evidence for Jesus
- The Case for a Creator explores the scientific evidence for God
- The Case for Grace uncovers the how and why behind God's amazing grace
- . . . and more
About the Author
Lee Strobel was the award-winning legal editor of The Chicago Tribune and is the best-selling author of The Case for Faith, The Case for Christ, and The Case for a Creator, all of which have been made into documentaries by Lionsgate. With a journalism degree from the University of Missouri and a Master of Studies in Law degree from Yale, Lee wrote 3 Gold Medallion winners and the 2005 Book of the Year with Gary Poole. He and his wife live in Colorado. Visit Lee's website at: www.leestrobel.com.