Foxfire 4: Fiddle Making, Spring Houses, Horse Trading, Sassafras Tea, Berry Buckets, Gardening (Foxfire Series #4) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Foxfire Series series.
- #1: The Foxfire Book: Hog Dressing, Log Cabin Building, Mountain Crafts and Foods, Planting by the Signs, Snake Lore, Hunting Tales, Faith Healing, Moonshining (Foxfire Series #1) (Paperback): $22.00
- #2: Foxfire 2: Ghost Stores, Spring Wild Plant Foods, Spinning and Weaving, Midwifing, Burial Customs, Corn Shuckin's, Wagon Making (Foxfire Series #2) (Paperback): $22.00
- #3: Foxfire 3: Animal Care, Banjos and Dulimers, Hide Tanning, Summer and Fall Wild Plant Foods, Butter Churns, Ginseng (Foxfire Series #3) (Paperback): $22.00
- #5: Foxfire 5: Ironmaking, Blacksmithing, Flintlock Rifles, Bear Hunting (Foxfire Series #5) (Paperback): $22.00
- #6: Foxfire 6: Shoe Making, 100 Toys and Games, Gourd Banjos and Song Bows, Wooden Locks, A Water-Powered Sawmill (Foxfire Series #6) (Paperback): $22.00
- #7: Foxfire 7: Ministers and Church Members, Revivals and Baptisms, Shaped-Note and Gospel Singing, Faith Healing and Camp Meetings, Foot Washing, Snake Handling (Foxfire Series #7) (Paperback): $21.00
- #8: Foxfire 8: Southern Folk Potter from Pug Mills, Ash Glazes, Groundhog Kilns to Face Jugs, Churns, Roosters, Mule Swapping and Chicken Fighting (Foxfire Series #8) (Paperback): $22.00
- #9: Foxfire 9: General Stores, The Jud Nelson Wagon, A Praying Rock, A Catawban Indian Potter, Haint Tales, Quilting, Homes Cures, The Log Cabin Revisited (Foxfire Series #9) (Paperback): $22.00
- #10: Foxfire 10: Railroad Lore, Boardinghouses, Depression-Era Appalachia, Chairmaking, Whirligigs, Snake Canes, Gourd Art (Foxfire Series #10) (Paperback): $22.00
- #11: Foxfire 11: The Old Home Place, Wild Plant Uses, Preserving and Cooking Food, Hunting Stories, Fishing, More Affairs of Plain Living (Foxfire Series #11) (Paperback): $22.00
- #12: Foxfire 12: Square Dancing, Crafts, Cherokee Traditions, Summer Camps, World War Veterans, Personalities (Foxfire Series #12) (Paperback): $22.00
- #13: The Foxfire 40th Anniversary Book: Faith, Family, and the Land (Foxfire Series #13) (Paperback): $22.00
Fiddle making, spring houses, horse trading, sassafras tea, berry buckets, gardening, and other affairs of plain living are the topics covered in this volume.
About the Author
The Foxfire Fund is a nonprofit organization that has been preserving and fostering Appalachian culture through its bestselling series of anthologies, starting with The Foxfire Book in the early 1970s. The Foxfire Museum and Heritage Center is located in Mountain City, Georgia. www.foxfire.org
Eliot Wigginton is an American oral historian and teacher who developed the Foxfire Project. In the 1960s he began a writing project with his students at Rabun Gap Nacoochee School that collected stories from local residents in Rabun County, Georgia, in southern Appalachia. By 1967, these stories were being published as a quarterly magazine called Foxfire, which gained a national following for its chronicling of rural life in Appalachia and other local histories. The first anthology of Foxfire articles was published in 1972. Wigginton was named Georgia Teacher of the Year in 1986 and received a MacArthur Fellowship in 1989.