Email or call for price.
Out of Print
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the A Deborah Knott Mystery series.
- #11: Rituals of the Season (A Deborah Knott Mystery #11) (Hardcover): $28.00
- #12: Winter's Child (A Deborah Knott Mystery #12) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #13: Hard Row (A Deborah Knott Mystery #13) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #14: Death's Half Acre (A Deborah Knott Mystery #14) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #15: Sand Sharks (A Deborah Knott Mystery #15) (Mass Market): $8.00
- #16: Christmas Mourning (A Deborah Knott Mystery #16) (Mass Market): Email or call for price.
- #17: Three-Day Town (A Deborah Knott Mystery #17) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #18: The Buzzard Table (A Deborah Knott Mystery #18) (Hardcover): $28.00
- #19: Designated Daughters (A Deborah Knott Mystery #19) (Mass Market): $8.00
- #20: Long Upon the Land (A Deborah Knott Mystery #20) (Mass Market): $7.99
With friends and family over-reacting to her announcement that she plans to marry Sheriff's Deputy Dwight Bryant, Judge Deborah Knott gratefully seizes the opportunity to put a five-hour drive between herself and Colleton County when the Chief District Court Judge offers her a week on the bench in Cedar Gap.
It is early autumn, leaves are turning, and summer residents are preparing to close up their mountain "cabins" (palatial houses perched atop the most desirable locations) and return to their winter homes in Florida. But Deborah's peaceful break is disrupted when one Floridian is found murdered. He won't be going home, and Deborah won't be either - until she tracks down the killer.
About the Author
Margaret Maron grew up in the country near Raleigh, North Carolina, but for many years lived in Brooklyn, New York. When she and her artist husband returned to the farm that had been in her family for a hundred years, she began a series based on her own background. The first book, Bootlegger's Daughter, became a Washington Post bestseller that swept the major mystery awards for its year -- winning the Edgar, Agatha, Anthony, and Macavity Awards for Best Novel -- and is among the 100 Favorite Mysteries of the Century as selected by the Independent Mystery Booksellers Association.
Later, her Deborah Knott novels Up Jumps the Devil, Storm Track, and Three-Day Town each also won the Agatha Award for Best Novel. Margaret is also the author of the Sigrid Harald series of detective novels. In 2008, Maron received the North Carolina Award for Literature, the highest civilian honor the state bestows on its authors. And in 2013, the Mystery Writers of America celebrated Maron's contributions to the mystery genre by naming her a Grand Master -- an honor first bestowed on Agatha Christie. To find out more about her, you can visit MargaretMaron.com.