Moon Nashville to New Orleans Road Trip: Hit the Road for the Best Southern Food and Music Along the Natchez Trace (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Hop in the car and set off on an adventure along the Natchez Trace Parkway, from the country music capital to the birthplace of jazz. Inside Moon Nashville to New Orleans Road Trip you'll find:
- Maps and Driving Tools: Over 20 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the parkway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, and detailed directions for the entire route
- Get to Know the Music of the South: Catch up-and-coming musicians play at quaint cafes, and hit the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville. Bask in the sounds of blues on Beale Street, and pay homage to "The King" at Graceland. Listen to a soulful live jazz group, or learn about the South's musical legacy on the Mississippi Blues Trail
- Savor Southern Food: Enjoy authentic hot chicken, get your barbecue fix in Memphis, and indulge in Creole cuisine and fresh beignets in New Orleans
- Itineraries for Every Traveler: Drive the entire two-week route or follow suggestions for spending time in and around Nashville, Memphis, and New Orleans. Take an introspective moment at influential Civil Rights Movement sites, hike past dramatic waterfalls, spend a peaceful morning fishing, or bike along the Mississippi River
- Local Expertise: Nashville local Margaret Littman shares her love for the Natchez Trace
- Planning Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, and tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, plus essential advice for biking the route and suggestions for LGBTQ+ travelers, families, seniors, and visitors with disabilities
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
About the Author
Margaret Littman is both a relative newcomer to Nashville and an old-timer. An alumna of Vanderbilt University, she left Tennessee for points north over the course of her writing career. But in 2007, she could no longer resist the siren song of the Parthenon, bluegrass music, or fried pickles, so she returned.
Living on the northern terminus of the Natchez Trace Parkway, Margaret takes road trips to explore the history and culture in her backyard and beyond. Some of her favorite road trip experiences include eating doughnuts in Tupelo, buying books in Oxford, listening to music in Muscle Shoals, stand-up paddling on Tennessee's rivers, and hiking on the Natchez Trace National Scenic Trail.
Margaret writes about Southeast travel, food, pets, and more. Her writing has appeared in USA Today, The Telegraph, Entrepreneur magazine, and Nashville Lifestyles. She is also the author of Moon Nashville and Moon Tennessee. Follow Margaret's adventures at www.littmanwrites.com.